Many people choose to accept an elective c-section for a wide variety of reasons. If you have made this decision but feel unsure of what to expect, scared, anxious or fearful, I have put together a specific course just for you.
In the UK around 10% of people choose an elective caesarean to welcome their baby into the world. There are a whole host of reasons why a you may be advised, or indeed may prefer to have a planned caesarean, but for many people, despite the decision to accept a belly birth, it can still be an anxious and fearful time.
A caesarean is a clinical procedure, there is no escaping that fact, but this doesn’t have to mean your experience will be any less rewarding, intimate, personal and powerful than a vaginal birth would be.
I have devised a course to help you understand what happens during surgery, how to prepare yourself emotionally for the day you meet your baby, how to adapt the more traditional c-section formula to create a procedure that is personal to you as a family and how to relax and feel euphoric and empowered as your baby enters the world.
As a qualified maternity nurse I am also able to offer evidence based guidance on post-surgery recovery, including what to look out for as you heal and how to aid your recovery physically and emotionally.
If you are in any way unsure about whether to accept a caesarean then (it is entirely your choice after all) please get in touch and to talk through your options.
You are doing something natural, wonderful and powerful. You are bringing your baby into the world in the way that is best for you both. This course is designed to help you feel excited and in control as you prepare to meet your baby and ensure that their birthday is overwhelmingly positive, to give you all the best start to life together.
The gentle c-section course costs £150 and includes:
3 x 2 hours of private tuition, including:
- A detailed explanation of the process of caesarean section.
- Guidance on gentle caesarean procedures and how to negotiate these confidently with your care provider.
- How to alleviate fears about caesarean and birth itself, should you go into labour before your caesarean date.
- How your birth partner can support you beautifully during pregnancy, birth and beyond.
- Breathing exercises, relaxations and visualisations ensuring you can remain totally calm before and during surgery
- Guidance on post-surgery recovery, wound care, movement, emotional recovery and postnatal planning.
- A ‘pre-birthday’ plan for the day before your hospital appointment, placing you in the best place physically, mentally and emotionally as you meet your baby.
- MP3 relaxation audios
- Access to a private client resource area with birth preparation tools, positive birth videos, useful links and articles
- Printable PDF birth affirmations
- Birth affirmation cards
- My full support up to your baby’s birth via phone call, email, text, WhatsApp, Facebook, whatever you need
- A post birth ‘de-brief’ session where you can share your experience, enjoy a coffee and relax with your new baby
Given the bespoke nature of this course it is only available on a one to one basis.